Atrium invests in early stage technology companies in British Columbia. As a Venture Capital Corporation (VCC), Atrium is limited to investment opportunities that meet the following criteria:
- Have no more than 100 employees
- Pay at least 75% of it’s wages to BC residents
- Have secured equity of at least $25,000
- Be substantially engaged is a prescribed activity as defined in section 11(1) of the Small Business Venture Capital Regulation (the “Regulations”).
In addition to the above requirements, our investment decisions are weighted towards technology driven businesses that are poised for rapid growth. These businesses typically have the following characteristics:
- Exceptional teams with a balanced skill set
- Engineering talent is part of your DNA
- Functional prototype working towards product market fit
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market.
We rely heavily on referrals from our well-established networks to identify investment opportunities. If you know someone that knows us, ask for a warm introduction – warm intros are always best. We are also deeply engaged in and actively hunting for deals throughout the far-reaching corners of BC’s startup ecosystem.